<$BlogRSDURL$>


Sunday, August 14, 2005

Happy Birthday to The Bastard


Some people call their best friend "bestie". Some call them "bezzie". Or "bud". Or "dude". Or whatever tickles their fancy. I call mine "bastard". To tell you the truth, I don't actually know when or how this started. And yes, he's got real parents. And a birth certificate.

It's amazing having the same best friend for so long. As I understand it, many people have different best friends as they grow older. But I only had one throughout my secondary school life. And now past college into university. We have come hell of a long way. I've never met anyone as sincere as The Bastard. He is always looking out for other people and making sure everyone is alright. He goes wayyyy out of his way to help people. He is (many times) too considerate for his own damned good. He always brings laughter to the group (though that is mainly because he's laughing at my jokes) and his stupid ideas are highly entertaining. It's always fun being with him because he's so spontaneous. But that also means that we land our asses into deep shit very often.

So before this sounds more like a eulogy than a birthday wish, I better cap it off here. Girls, if you're single (or have a shitty boyfriend), listen up. He's a good catch. Don't let his stupidity put you off. Get to know the guy behind the dumb face and you'll know what I mean. Ok seriously though, his actions are misconstrued most of the time. So always give him the benefit of the doubt. There are very few people I trust this much, and The Bastard is one of them.

He was always so happy on his boat *sniff*

Happy Birthday, Caleb. Here's to the past 10 years of our friendship. It's been a great decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home