<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Clubbing Cherry


I am proud to announce that I have lost my virginity. Clubbing virginity, that is.

Since high school (or secondary school, as preferred by wete), all my friends have been going clubbing but I never understood the hype. I don't like the music, I don't like the smoke, I don't like the atmosphere, I don't like crowded places, and I sure as hell don't like the dancing.

But, you should try everything once if possible, so why the hell shouldn't I give it a shot? So I called me ever trusty full-time clubber friend, Harin to ask for some pointers.

"Can Ann wear flip flops?"

"What's the legal age?"

"Is it safe to order a drink?"

"What's the cover charge like?"

So Ann, Krys, Ai Li, Grace and I headed off to Zouk on a Thursday night (because Thursday night is Ladies' Night, so they got in for free). It was also R&B night, so we saw a lot of a certain breed of people.

Didn't turn out to be as bad as I expected. Quite interestingly, the first thing I said when I got in was "Hey!! It's just like in the movies!!". Actually, I think Ann and I had quite a good time, being first timers. But I don't think it's something I'd do very often. To me, paying for an experience is not worth the money. I'd rather buy a pair of clean socks for 30 bucks. Which is also why I don't really like watching movies or going on a holiday. I would rather spend the money on something I can bring back. Something tangible, that is.

BUT, the experience on the way home was well worth the 30 bucks. There was a road block and the police officer actually stopped me. I couldn't believe it. He let the ultra-jeng guy in the Wiralution pumping the latest song by the Venga Boys in front of me go and he suspected that a guy driving a mundane unmodified Peugeot would be guilty of substance abuse?

Anyway, he tapped on my window and asked me "Dari mana?" Ok, at this point, I should point out to you that I only got a 7D for BM in SPM. And that was when my BM was actually good. So I didn't understand what he was trying to ask me! Dari mana?!?! What the hell did he mean? Where was I born? Where do I live? Was I local or not?! Who knows?!? I feel bloody stupid for replying in these dreaded words.

Wait for it.








"Huh? Apa dari mana?"

Shit.

My heart stopped beating. Yet my face was filling up with blood. I was blushing so badly my face probably looked redder than Kylie Minogue's ultra-short shorts. "Think before you speak! Think before you speak!!!!!" I could hear giggles coming from the back of the car. Ann smacked her forehead. She was probably rolling her eyes as well.

Lucky for me, he didn't react to my stupid question. He just looked inside the car and let me go.

Dammit.

So now that I have been clubbing once, I know what it's like. But I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. Also don't understand how people can ask "Zouk" to be their friend on Friendster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home