<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, July 28, 2005

An ode to Dezza


I was just trying to get some sleep and then my laptop tells me that I have a new email. Ok so I realise that I have a problem. The moment I know that I have a new email, I absolutely HAVE to get up and read it. Time and time again (or like Jasmine would say: times and times again), I would be really disappointed. Strangers offering me half of their inheritance in exchange for a small favour on my part. Or an interest free loan. Or medication that would normally need prescription. Or a few extra inches of masculinity.

So I got up and sat on my chair, and looked at my screen. Ooh, email from Sarah. What's this? The subject says: Desmond Chuah. Now for some weird unexplainable reason, I started laughing and laughing the moment I read that. I have NO IDEA why it was so funny. But it just was. So I opened the mail to read that Desmond is now in hospital because they suspected that he has dengue.

I burst out harder.

At this point, I feel the dire need to clarify that I do not hold any secret grudges against Desmond or anything of that sort. I happen to like the guy. But some people are just not meant to be in hospitals. Like Caleb. Or Wete. Or Desmond.

Seriously, I have no idea why I think its funny that he is in hospital. Maybe it's the thought that funny guys (as in, guys with a sense of humour) get sick too. I don't know.

Anyhow, if you know Desmond and if you're reading this, do visit him. Contact me for details.
Speaking of funny, this is for you, Desmond. And for the rest of us, for everytime we laugh at this, please pray for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home