<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Jaminan Jenama X


So since coming back from Melbourne, I have been craving for Boost Juice. Chuen has been raving and raving about a Malaysian equivalent. At this point, I am wondering if I should reveal the name of the outlet that I went to but considering the fact that the person working there was someone I knew, I think I should just call it "Jenama X".

So anyway, I had my first Jenama X this afternoon and I was pretty psyched up because of all the anticipation. So I took my first sip. Hmmm, quite nice. Watermelon-ny, mango-ey, quite tangy because of the lemon sorbet, and then suddenly WHOAAAAA WHAT THE BLOODY HELL - IS THAT GINGER OR AVOCADO?!?! I took another sip, and this time it tasted like mothballs. Can't be - took yet another sip and this time I could nearly swear that it tasted like blended kittens. So after a while, I realised that it was a total waste of time deciphering what it was because I couldn't decide what it tasted like. You see, the problem with Jenama X is that everytime you drink it, the aftertaste is different. It's like Harry Potter's Every Flavour Beans, just that this time, all the flavours are blended into a smoothie which they so proudly call Jenama X. When the smoothie hits your tongue, its actually quite nice but it only takes 2 seconds for you to realise that the aftertaste is not worth it. I sometimes wonder if the people smiling and laughing on the ad are actually high on the weird concoction of watermelon and smurfs.

Having said all that, I'll give it another shot next time because it's a good effort and the service is really good. There are some people who are still nuts (speaking of which, it kinda tasted like nuts at one point) about it so it can't be all bad. Maybe it was the wrong flavour. Or maybe something fell into my smoothie. Or maybe he accidently blended a spoon. Or a plastic glove. Or the Queen of England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home